Natural disasters, power grid failures, and direct attacks on the Internet can all cause significant disruption to a nation’s critical infrastructure and the communications that rely on it. A quick response to the effects of such incidents is critical for government agencies, but challenging to do without information and insight beyond the firewall. Renesys tools provide a real time view of the impact of ongoing emergencies on a nation’s communications infrastructure.Highlights:
- Receive alerts about Internet outages and instability events, at any geographic level of scope, from a single city to an entire country or global region
- Understand the impact of ongoing events on a region’s service providers and critical networks
- Support post-incident review and “lessons learned” reporting with extensive historical analysis, statistical data and embeddable graphics
Information Assurance For Critical NetworksGovernment agencies rely on Renesys to identify their routing vulnerabilities, study Internet traffic patterns and defend against malicious activity. Renesys products and services enable governments to protect their assets, information and networks from hostile attacks, to recognize cyber threats at an early stage, and take measures to avoid them in the future.
- Quantify the risk exposure and fault tolerance of an organization’s networks, key partners, and service providers
- Conduct in-depth historical analyses to address vulnerabilities as part of a continuous improvement policy
- Conduct preparedness studies of any network or region in order to understand Internet connectivity and highlight potential vulnerabilities
- Create maps of complex networks and routing relationships, and identify the counterparties with whom users exchange Internet traffic
Telecommunications RegulationCountries and regions compete for economic advantage and market presence and strive for improved quality of life. Regulators need to ensure robust and high quality Internet communications in order to deliver on these promises. They are often concerned to create a competitive local market that delivers cost effective, quality Internet services. Renesys provides tools that deliver a truly objective, impartial overview of a region's connectivity to the world, the relative strengths and weaknesses of its Internet service providers, key vulnerabilities and its position relative to its neighbors.
- Compare the local Internet market with other regional or global markets, in terms of key statistics such as diversity, competitiveness, and stability
- Understand key vulnerabilities of the region and individual providers
- Assess a provider's impact on competition and market dynamics
- Study the regional impact of significant Internet events such as fiber optic cable cuts
- Identify customer and peering relationships for every provider serving a regulated region, and monitor them for changes
- Understand any provider's history of service in the region: dates of entry, first customers, peering interconnections, transit providers